Leaders in Commercial Lending Law
O'Reilly Rancilio provides general counsel, consulting, and representation in banking law to community banks in the Detroit area and statewide, and to regional and national lenders with interests in Michigan. Our firm is widely regarded in banking circles for our depth of in-house experience, cost efficiency, and personal service.
Our knowledgeable attorneys can capably address all aspects of commercial loans and banking law:
- Commercial Loan Documentation — We protect the interests of banks and thrifts in advance of lending transactions, from small business loans to sophisticated bond financing.
- Loan Workouts — We assist financial institutions in commercial loan restructuring, including preparation of forbearance agreements. If and when it is not practical to restructure a loan, we pursue the borrowers, guarantors, and collateral through litigation.
- Creditors' Rights — We provide loan default analysis and collection, recovery of collateral, foreclosure or lender representation in the borrower's bankruptcy.
- Fraud Recovery — Our lawyers have recovered millions of dollars in actions against various parties for their complicity in mortgage and commercial bank frauds.
- Lender liability defense — Our litigators defend lawsuits brought against lenders by borrowers and guarantors.
- Regulatory compliance — With heightened scrutiny and new laws in the wake of bank failures and "toxic" loan portfolios, O'Reilly Rancilio offers proactive, up-to-date counsel to comply with banking regulations.
- Borrower representation — We also assist borrowers in negotiations to re-work the terms of delinquent and defaulted commercial loans.
O'Reilly Rancilio represents several large regional clients in the above matters, and provides general counsel in banking law to community banks across Michigan. We extend the focused knowledge and experience associated with much larger law firms, but at much lower rates and retainers. Our bank law attorneys are hands-on and accessible, supported by a large and well-trained staff that understands the commercial lending industry.