Small Business Incorporation Lawyers
There is much more to starting a business than simply filing papers and opening the doors. The law firm of O'Reilly Rancilio provides comprehensive counsel for small business start-ups to put the company on sound legal and financial footing, and ongoing consulting to help clients maintain and grow what they have established.
Based in Sterling Heights, we provide entity formation services to new enterprises in Macomb County, Oakland County, Wayne County, and southeast Michigan.
Entity Formation and Agreements
We sit down with clients to help them choose the business entity that best aligns with their business model, tax considerations, individual liability tolerance, management structure, profit sharing, transferability, and exit strategies. We prepare and file the necessary documents for formation, including the organizational framework:
- S corporation or C corporation and shareholder agreements
- Limited liability company (LLC) and operating agreements
- Limited partnership and partnership agreements
- Real estate joint venture agreements
- Non-profit corporation and tax-exempt registration
- Buy-sell agreements
In addition to entity selection and ownership agreements, O'Reilly Rancilio can represent new businesses or restructuring entities in preparation of commercial loan documentation for financing the venture.
General Counsel and Consulting for Small Business
Many of our long-standing clients were start-ups who rely on our firm in an ongoing capacity for operation, growth and business succession planning. Beyond entity formation, we assist clients with:
- Permits, licenses and regulatory compliance issues
- General contracts
- Employment contracts and executive compensation
- Employee handbooks, benefits and HR protocols
- Pre-termination consulting and severance negotiation
- Workers' compensation insurance plans and defense