The law firm of O'Reilly Rancilio provides individualized estate planning services for orderly transfer of personal wealth or a family-owned business to your intended beneficiaries in the event of death, and to make your wishes known in the event of incapacity. Our attorneys are adept at anticipating scenarios and applying sophisticated strategies for tax minimization, probate avoidance and funding nursing home care without depleting the estate.
We also offer experienced counsel for settling the affairs of a family member who has died, and legal advocacy in probate disputes. Based in Sterling Heights, O'Reilly Rancilio extends comprehensive estate planning and estate administration services to individuals, families and family businesses in Macomb County, the Detroit area and southeastern Michigan. We commonly represent out-of-state heirs or personal representatives in estate and trust matters.
We provide thoughtful representation in any of the following matters:
- Wealth transfer and estate planning — We carefully craft wills to define inheritance, trusts to accomplish various goals, and powers of attorney to manage your business affairs and health care.
- Probate and trust administration — We guide personal representatives, trustees (individuals or professionals), guardians and conservators in carrying out appointed tasks efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Probate and trust litigation — We represent beneficiaries, excluded heirs or estate representatives in will and trust contests and other disputes over distribution of the estate or breach of fiduciary duty.
- Business succession planning — Through creation of a family limited partnership or family limited liability company, we enable the family business to pass hands smoothly.
- Federal estate tax returns and audits — Our lawyers can assist in accurate valuation of assets and required documentation to satisfy the IRS that no estate taxes are owed.
O'Reilly Rancilio is the largest law firm in Macomb County and the eastern suburbs. The members of our legal team can provide valuable insights for estate planning in the areas of business entity formation, inheritance tax planning and gifting, and valuation of closely held businesses or real estate. Our experienced trial lawyers provide formidable representation and solutions sensitive to family dynamics.
Our estate planning and probate attorneys include: