Many individuals and families wish to transfer their accumulated wealth to the next generation upon their death in an orderly, cost-effective and tax-efficient manner. The estate planning and probate lawyers of O'Reilly Rancilio regularly assist clients in developing and implementing strategies with the following objectives:
- Ensuring that their assets pass to their intended beneficiaries and heirs in an orderly, cost-effective way consistent with their individual wishes
- Minimizing or eliminating taxes upon transfer
- Avoiding probate and its costs and delays in transferring wealth
- Developing personalized plans that take into account clients' unique needs and wishes based upon their family and/or business circumstances
- Preserving assets from depletion from the costs and expenses of long-term care or legal disability
The specific services that our attorneys provide in the estate planning and wealth transfer areas include counseling, preparing, establishing and/or implementing wills, revocable living trusts, irrevocable trusts, charitable trusts, special needs trusts, powers of attorney, family limited partnerships and family limited liability companies, gifting plans (and associated gift tax returns), and business succession plans based upon our clients' individual situations.
Our Michigan wealth transfer and estate planning attorneys include: