For a secured creditor, simply having the right to recover collateral is not enough. The asset recovery attorneys of O'Reilly Rancilio effectively and efficiently locate the secured collateral and work with law enforcement agencies, court officers and the courts statewide to seize/recover the collateral for sale at auction by the creditor. Our skilled attorneys are experienced in obtaining possession of the collateral pending a final judgment, thereby avoiding further and unnecessary wear and tear on the collateral to be sold.
Located in Sterling Heights, our attorneys have represented regional and national automobile and equipment financiers in the state, federal and bankruptcy courts throughout the state of Michigan.
Each client and matter are unique and depending on the nature and whereabouts of the collateral as well as the posture of the owner of the collateral, O'Reilly Rancilio assembles a team of asset recovery professionals to address any and all of the following:
- Situations when the collateral is being sold, transferred and/or otherwise disposed of without regard to the secured creditor.
- Instances when the secured collateral is being hidden or the borrower is taking action to frustrate the peaceable recovery of the collateral.
- Where the collateral is susceptible to rapid and continual depreciation and recovery is time-sensitive.
- Cases involving identity theft or other fraud related defenses delaying the effective recovery of the secured collateral, and cases involving hidden assets.
- Utilizing a specialized staff of attorneys, paralegals, collectors and court officers, O'Reilly Rancilio's creditors' rights department has been engineered to cost-effectively and comprehensively maximize recovery for its secured creditor clients.
The Michigan lawyers at our firm who handle asset recovery include: