For a creditor, receiving notice that a customer/debtor has filed for bankruptcy protection, does not leave the creditor without recourse. The bankruptcy attorneys of O'Reilly Rancilio evaluate the position of the creditor/client to determine whether they are unsecured or secured (to what degree) and then counsel the client as to their particular options depending upon whether the debtor has filed for bankruptcy protection under Chapters 7, 11, 12, 13 or even 15 of the Bankruptcy Code. Our staff is well-versed on the changes to the Bankruptcy Code and stays apprised of proposed/pending amendments.
Our attorneys are licensed and appear in all of the bankruptcy courts located in Michigan.
Whether the creditor is secured or unsecured, the debtor is on the verge of bankruptcy, or in the process of proposing a plan of reorganization, the bankruptcy department of O'Reilly Rancilio is prepared to address any and all of the following needs:
- Representing clients in liquidation and restructuring proceedings, including assignments for the benefit of creditors, out-of-court creditor composition or receiverships
- Attendance at 341 (first meeting of creditor) hearings and conducting of 2004 exams
- Negotiating cash collateral orders and/or adequate protection payment arrangements
- Obtaining relief from the automatic stay to repossess collateral and/or proceed with state foreclosure/forfeiture actions
- Representing creditors in bankruptcy litigation, including preference actions, fraudulent transfer actions and adversary complaints to declare certain debts nondischargeable
- Relying on staff from various practice areas in addition to the bankruptcy specialists, O'Reilly Rancilio's creditors' rights department is equipped to handle the full insolvency/bankruptcy spectrum.
Our bankruptcy lawyers include: