Bankruptcy: Creditor Representation
For a creditor, receiving notice that a customer / debtor has filed for bankruptcy protection does not leave the creditor without options.
The Michigan bankruptcy attorneys of O'Reilly Rancilio evaluate the position of the creditor / client to determine whether they are unsecured or secured — and to what degree. We then counsel the client as to their particular options, depending upon whether the debtor has filed for bankruptcy protection under Chapters 7, 11, 12, 13 or even 15 of the Bankruptcy Code.
Our staff is well-versed on the changes to the Bankruptcy Code and stays apprised of proposed / pending amendments. Our Macomb County attorneys are licensed and appear in all of the bankruptcy courts located in Michigan.
Services for Creditors
Whether the creditor is secured or unsecured, and the debtor is on the verge of bankruptcy or in the process of proposing a plan of reorganization, the bankruptcy department of O'Reilly Rancilio is prepared to address any and all of the following needs:
- Representing clients in liquidation and restructuring proceedings, including assignments for the benefit of creditors, out-of-court creditor composition, or receiverships.
- Attending 341 hearings (first meeting of creditor) and conducting 2004 exams.
- Negotiating cash collateral orders and adequate protection payment arrangements.
- Obtaining relief from the automatic stay to repossess collateral or proceed with state foreclosure / forfeiture actions.
- Representing creditors in bankruptcy litigation, including preference actions, fraudulent transfer actions, and adversary complaints to declare certain debts nondischargeable.
Our attorneys have decades of experience in debtor-creditor bankruptcy matters. Relying on staff from various practice areas in addition to the bankruptcy specialists, O'Reilly Rancilio's creditors' rights department is equipped to handle the full insolvency / bankruptcy spectrum.
Our bankruptcy: creditor representation attorneys are: