Eight O'Reilly Rancilio Attorneys Named to Peer-Selected Super Lawyers List
Eight attorneys at the Sterling Heights-based O’Reilly Rancilio law firm have made the peer-selected Super Lawyers lists. Each year, no more than five percent of the lawyers in Michigan are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor. There are nearly 50,000 attorneys practicing in the state.
Super Lawyers is a rating of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have earned a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates, and peer reviews by practice area. The Super Lawyer lists are published nationwide in Super Lawyers Magazine.
“We are incredibly proud of the attorneys who have made this prestigious list, and everyone who has made O’Reilly Rancilio the most respected law firm in Macomb County for more than 30 years,” said Chuck Turnbull, President of O’Reilly Rancilio.
The attorneys who were named Super Lawyer in 2019 are as follows:
- Marc Kaszubski, a resident of Rochester Hills, was appointed City Attorney by the City of Sterling Heights in 2016. His practice focuses on areas of business, municipal and commercial litigation. He was named a Super Lawyer in the State, Local, and Municipal category.
- Linda McGrail Belau, of Clinton Township, is a trial attorney specializing in business, family law, probate and tax appeals. She also serves as the Utica City Attorney. She was named Super Lawyer in the Business Litigation category.
- James Sarconi, a resident of Macomb Township, concentrates his practice in complex commercial litigation, banking, finance, commercial loan workouts and the representation of creditors in bankruptcy. He was named Super Lawyer in the Banking category.
- Larry Scott, a resident of Harrison Township, specializes in complex commercial litigation and all aspects of real estate acquisition and development. He was named Super Lawyer in the Business Litigation category.
- Craig Schoenherr, of Farmington Hills, specializes in debtor/creditor rights, bankruptcy law, collections and commercial litigation. Schoenherr was named a Super Lawyer in the Debtor/Creditor Rights category.
- Jim Thomas, of Chesterfield Township, is a prominent white-collar criminal defense attorney. Thomas has served as lead defense counsel in some of Michigan’s highest profile cases, and has been named a Super Lawyer in the White-Collar Criminal Defense category.
- Chuck Turnbull, President of O’Reilly Rancilio and a Shelby Township resident, represents businesses and individuals on business, tax, and estate planning matters. Turnbull achieved Super Lawyer status in the Corporate category.
Also, attorney Nathan Petrusak, a resident of Sterling Heights, who concentrates his practice on commercial law and civil litigation, municipal law, appellate and, bankruptcy law, was named as a Super Lawyers “Rising Star.” Rising Star recipients must be age 40 or younger and have been in practice for 10 years or less. No more than 2.5 percent of the attorneys in Michigan are selected for this honor. Several of O’Reilly Rancilio’s current Super Lawyers were previously awarded the designation of Rising Star.