Scott R. Ruark
Scott Ruark is a sought-after and tough trial lawyer and criminal defense attorney. As part of the firm’s litigation group, Mr. Ruark has successfully litigated numerous complex matters in state and federal court. He also handles all aspects of criminal defense with prominent criminal defense attorney Jim Thomas.
Even though Mr. Ruark spends most days in court, his clients appreciate how easily accessible he makes himself to serve his client’s needs.
Mr. Ruark accepted a scholarship offer from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law and earned his J.D. in 2016. During his law school career, Mr. Ruark received hands-on legal training at the Washtenaw County Office of Public Defender and then at the Wayne County Prosecutors Office. Mr. Ruark also served as an Executive Director for the Detroit Mercy School of Law Moot Court Board of Advocates, competed in National Moot Court competitions, and was a member of the National Trial Advocacy Team.
When he’s not in court, Mr. Ruark enjoys reading, hockey, and traveling. He married his high school sweetheart in 2010, who is a special education teacher.
- Michigan, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, Detroit, Michigan
J.D., 2016 Dean's Scholarship for academic achievement Presidential Grant for leadership Moot Court Executive Director 2015-2016
- Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, Michigan
B.A., cum laude, 2012
Criminology with a concentration on legal studies
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Program, 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan
- Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan
- Wayne County Criminal Defense Bar Association
- Detroit Bar Association