Eight O'Reilly Rancilio Attorneys Named to Peer-Selected Super Lawyers List for 2021
Eight attorneys at O’Reilly Rancilio have made the peer-selected Super Lawyers lists. Each year, no more than five percent of the lawyers in Michigan are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor. Nearly 50,000 attorneys are practicing in the state.
Super Lawyers is a rating of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have earned a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates, and peer reviews by practice area. The Super Lawyer lists are published nationwide in Super Lawyers Magazine.
The attorneys who were named Super Lawyer in 2021 are as follows:
- Chuck Turnbull, President of O’Reilly Rancilio and a Shelby Township resident, represents businesses and individuals on business, tax, and estate planning matters. Turnbull has achieved Super Lawyers status in the Business/Corporate Law category annually since 2009.
- Larry Scott, a resident of Harrison Township, specializes in complex commercial litigation and all aspects of real estate acquisition and development. He was named Super Lawyer in the Business Litigation category. Scott has achieved Super Lawyers status every year since 2008.
- Craig Schoenherr, of Farmington Hills, specializes in debtor/creditor rights, bankruptcy law, collections, and commercial litigation. Schoenherr was named a Super Lawyer in the Creditor/Debtor Rights category and has made the list every year since 2011.
- Marc Kaszubski, a resident of Rochester Hills, was appointed City Attorney by the City of Sterling Heights in 2016. His practice focuses on areas of business, municipal and commercial litigation. He was named a Super Lawyer in the State, Local, and Municipal category. Kaszubski achieved Rising Star in 2011 and 2012, and Super Lawyers status annually since 2013.
- Linda McGrail, of Clinton Township, is a trial attorney specializing in municipal law, business, family law, probate, and tax appeals. She also serves as the Utica City Attorney. She was named Super Lawyer in the Business Litigation category. McGrail has achieved Super Lawyers status every year since 2015.
- James Sarconi, a resident of Macomb Township, concentrates his practice in complex commercial litigation, banking, finance, commercial loan workouts, and the representation of creditors in bankruptcy. He was named Super Lawyer in the Banking category. Sarconi achieved Rising Star in 2010-2018 and Super Lawyer status annually since 2019.
- Jim Thomas, of Chesterfield Township, is a prominent white-collar criminal defense attorney. Thomas has served as lead defense counsel in some of Michigan’s highest-profile cases and has been named a Super Lawyer in the White-Collar Criminal Defense category. Thomas achieved Super Lawyers status every year since 2006.
Also, attorney Nathan Petrusak, a resident of Shelby Township who concentrates his practice on commercial law and civil litigation, municipal law, appellate, and bankruptcy law, was named as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in the Business Litigation category. Petrusak has made the Rising Star list every year since 2016. Rising Star recipients must be age 40 or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less. No more than 2.5 percent of the attorneys in Michigan are selected for this honor.